Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Fun Experiment to Grow Oyster Mushroom at Home

Tadaaaaaa!

First harvest in 12 days, April 18, 2018
My husband is psychic. He gave me a Christmas gift last year a mushroom growing kit which I really wanted it long time ago. So, this is my first experiment growing oyster mushroom at home. One day I want to have an experiment to grow the button mushroom at home (It will remind me when the first time I grew the button mushroom in the real environment for my research to get my Bachelor Degree in Agriculture in 1993). 

I started to grow this oyster mushroom last Friday, April 13, 2018 by soaking the surface of the media overnight. The next day, I just put it near the window so it would get indirect sunlight. In seven days, I saw they began to grow and I could harvest them in 12 days. 

Next time I have to wait till summer because they will grow better with temperature at least in 70 degree Fahrenheit.

I will write another post about this growing mushroom when I try to grow it from other side of the box. It's really fun, isn't it?

Backtotheroots.com

Pleurotus
Oyster mushoom fells.jpg
Source: Wikipedia
Pleurotus ostreatus
Scientific classification
Kingdom:Fungi
Phylum:Basidiomycota
Class:Agaricomycetes
Order:Agaricales
Family:Pleurotaceae
Genus:Pleurotus
(Fr.P. Kumm. 1871
Type species
Pleurotus ostreatus
(Jacq.P. Kumm. 1871

No comments:

Post a Comment