Monday, July 25, 2016

Fun Experiment to Grow Cosmos

I got cosmos seeds from my sister in law, Cathy, several years ago. She used to send any kind of seeds since she knew I liked gardening. Last year I planted several cosmos seeds and when they bloomed, I cut some of their good-looking flowers and displayed them in the living room.



It wasn't difficult to grow this plant and it didn't need a lot of works to take care of it. I watered with washing rice at least once per week and gave little bit of fertilizer, contained Nitrogen (N), Phosphorus (P), and Potassium (K). I also removed faded flowers routinely so it would stimulate other new flowers blooming. If the plants grew tall, I would need staking them.

Try it and have fun!

Cosmos
Cosmos na Mostra de Flor de Hong Kong.JPG
Cosmos bipinnatus
Scientific classification
Kingdom: Plantae
(unranked): Angiosperms
(unranked): Eudicots
(unranked): Asterids
Order: Asterales
Family: Asteraceae
Subfamily: Asteroideae
Tribe: Coreopsideae
Genus: Cosmos
Cav.[1]
Synonyms[2]
Source: Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment